Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Breeders at First Ave.

So, last Friday, my mum surprised me with the news that we could attend the Breeders show at First Avenue in Minneapolis. Some eighteen years later, and we get to see one of my hero bands live. Needless to say, I was pretty ecstatic.
So we endured a lame opening band, and when those crazy Breeders finally came out, we kind of erupted. Kim and Kelley were pretty laid back, and they have such a charisma, we all were taken by their aura. They opened the set with a cover (not sure of what, however), and played a variety of songs from all over their career, including the Amps' 'Pacer,' and classics like 'Iris,' 'Fortunately Gone,' Beatles cover 'Happiness is a Warm Gun,' and 'Safari,' as well as brand new tunes like 'We're Gonna Rise,' and 'Walk it Off.' They talked about Dayton, and made fun of Mando, switched instruments and made everyone want to rock out. The Deal sisters are absolutely wonderful, silly musicians. I fell in even deeper love with them after seeing them live. I'm curious what the future has in store for them... eighteen years, numerous member changes, and they're still rocking.
This is my ode to you, Deal sisters! ¡Viva los Breeders!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Dude, Nicole that's soo cool! Sounds like you had fun at the concert!!!:) Thanks for telling me how to get music, you're the best!!!

Mandy said...

Nicole--
Hey! How is your summer going?! Yeah I have made some friends, kind of I geuss. They just kind of commented on my blog a couple of times and I returned the favor:) It's fun, especially when they are from different countries and you have to read their English (it's all messed up)LOL!
--Amanda

bOn~BonS said...

Hello Nicole!! This is Bonnie. From school. If you still remember me. On my weird blog. I didn't know how else to contact you, so I just thought of this! I hope your summer is swell so far. I have some things to ask you. I recently heard some of the Breeders and it was very, very intruiging. I know you are very knowledgable on the subject of the Breeders. I was taken by the song "Off You", but I think that was on their old album. There were some good ones I heard on the new record, but I don't remember them. I was amazed by this new discovery. I thought of you and thought I should let you know for some reason. I'm sorry to bother you.

Sincerely,
Bonnie

bOn~BonS said...

I also have some questions on the yeah yeah yeahs, but I don't know if you listen to them.